Terms of Service
Park Rules and Regulations at We RV Champions of La Veta
Guest’s safety and well being are our greatest concern. We will do what we can to make sure you have fun and you are comfortable and happy.
Concerning COVID-19 Safety
Now that our RV park is fully open we will adjust the following social distancing guidelines based on the local and State Health ordinances:
- Our tent sites will continue to be closed for rentals. If you have a tent and need a site, you can rent an RV site. Tents need to be set up on gravel driveway on site.
- Car camping is not allowed in RV park.
- We have implemented a contact free site check-in process. Your confirmation email contains a link to your up to date reservation. Before arriving at the park, you will receive an email with an Express Check In link to check in. Please confirm Terms and Conditions, and make your final payment. No cash or checks will be accepted during check-in..
- A staff member will meet you at your RV as you arrive at the park, confirm your completed check-in, direct you to your site, and orient you with the hook ups at your site. The utility connections, and picnic tables at your site will be checked prior to check-in, but guests should follow good sanitation practices when setting up.
- The group room and game room are open. We use the honor system so if you borrow a book or DVD, please return to the library. The outdoor games are available. Guests should follow good sanitation practices when using shared games. There are also plenty of other activities in and around the area to keep you busy.
- The laundry room and bathhouse are open. Guests will be provided a key code when checking in. The facility will be closed from 11-1 daily for cleaning and sanitization. If while during your stay, you see that the bathrooms need attention, please let our staff know.
- Walking trails and the Dog Park will remain open.
- Strictly follow any local county fire bans. See local fire ban website: https://www.huerfano.us/
- Practice good personal hygiene including washing hands, covering cough & sneezing.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our staff, other guests, and our livelihood. Please follow all posted instructions while visiting We RV Champions of La Veta. You voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Let’s keep each other healthy and safe.
General Park Rules and Regulations:
- CHECK-IN TIME is 12:00 NOON for RV Sites, 2:00 PM for Cabin and Rental Trailers.
- No Check Ins after Dark.
- CHECK-OUT TIME is 11:00 am
- Quiet Hours are from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am
- Music must be turned off during these hours
- No generators allowed in park
- Hunting or shooting weapons or fireworks of any kind are PROHIBITED
- No Vehicle maintenance or repair is permitted in the campground.
- No RV and Car Washing permitted due to any water restrictions
- No Parking on Roadways or in non-assigned sites.
- Public intoxication is not allowed.
- Marijuana: Although Marijuana is legal in the state of Colorado, public consumption, use, display, transfer, sale or growth is strictly prohibited.
- CAMPFIRES: Wood Fires are not allowed in individual sites. There is a Community Fire pit available in the common area available for guest use. See Office for rules and lighting instructions. Propane Gas Fire Pits at sites are allowed, if current fire ban allows.
- COOKING GRILLS: Propane Gas and charcoal grills are allowed (if current fire ban allows) at individual sites in approved containers. Please see camp hosts for a list of approved devices. ONLY cold and extinguished charcoals are allowed in approved dumping site.
- LITTERING: No littering of any kind, including cigarette butts, is unlawful and harmful to wildlife and the environment. Cigarettes, extinguished charcoal and all trash must be disposed of properly.
- DUMPSTERS: The dumpsters are secured every evening at dark and reopened at 8:00 A.M. Do not leave any trash next to the dumpsters or outside at your campsite. Bears will enter the park and will make a mess. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS!
- TREE ATTACHMENTS: No hammock, clotheslines, pet leashes, or anything attached to the trees.
- It is a Colorado State Law that all RV’s will use a screw type fitting on their sewer hoses to prevent leaks and odors from emitting from the in-ground sewer connection. Dumping of gray water or black water on the ground or leaky connections are strictly prohibited.
- The water pressure in the Park runs around 50 PSI. Guests are advised to use a Water Pressure Reducer as needed.
- SPEED LIMIT: 5 mph THROUGHOUT CAMPGROUND. Please watch for children on bikes, and motorized wheelchairs at all times.
- PETS are allowed in the RV park. All pets must be kept on a leash at all times no longer than six feet and under control. Pets must not be left unattended. Dog waste must be promptly cleaned up and disposed of properly.
- We RV Champions' Pet Park: Please pick up and dispose of your pet’s waste. You are responsible for your pet’s action while in this park. No aggressive pets allowed
- WILDLIFE: SAFETY FIRST!!!! Watch out for Bears. DO NOT leave food out for animals. Deer stroll in the park, take pictures at your own risk but leave them alone to roam. DO NOT FEED THE DEER. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IF YOU DO. Be careful around the River, watch for snakes and other critters.
- PAYMENT: is accepted by check, cash, Visa or MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Returned checks will be charged a service fee.
- RATES: Include two adults and two children under the age of 13 and one RV and one towed vehicle per site. Rates for additional people are an extra charge per day per person, up to site maximum.
- All vehicles must be parked on site on the gravel driveways, or in designated areas, as space allows, and will be subject to additional vehicle/trailer charges.
- VISITOR PASS - Please let the office know if you expect visitors to your site.
- REGISTERED CAMPERS ARE RESPONSIBLE for all monetary costs, including legal fees, incurred by We RV Champions of La Veta as a result of unauthorized actions or failure to use precaution.
- Children under the age of 13 must have an adult supervision.
- OFFICE HOURS: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Mon-Sunday. Please call if you are arriving after hours to get late check-in instructions. No Check-Ins after dark.
- Campground is open from May thru mid November.
- Early departures for any reason are not eligible for refunds or credits.
Rules and Regulations can also be found on our website at https://www.wervchampions.com/communities/we-rv-champions-of-la-veta/.
Guest agrees to abide by all Rules and Regulations of We RV Champions of La Veta.
WRITTEN CANCELLATION POLICY: If cancelled prior to 24 hours of your reservation, Guest may opt for a refund of their deposit less a cancellation fee, transfer deposit to another existing reservation in the current camping season, or We RV Champions of La Veta can issue a Camp Credit for the full deposit to be held for future reservation within the current camping season. If no show or no cancel, the deposit is forfeited. Camp Credits not used within current camping season will be forfeited at end of season.